Responsible Gaming – Know the Signs, Take the Quiz.
We’ve written a lot about responsible gaming because it’s an important topic. Online casinos like Grey SnowPoker rely on players to have an appropriate mindset when gambling as that sets an important foundation on which to play.
Sometimes the signs that point to a problem gambler may not be so clear and easy to interpret. Those signs may closely mirror some of their normal personality traits. Just as it’s not easy to spot someone drowning in a crowded pool, seeing and recognizing the signs of a problem gambler may be difficult.
Further, sometimes the problem gambler has a difficult time seeing and recognizing those signs as well.
The Nevada Council of Problem Gambling is a fantastic resource that can help gamblers recognize those indicators, and has also created a very handy quiz to further dive into the person’s behavior to see where they are on the responsible gaming scale.
Answering the following questions may help you or someone you know come to terms with their gaming habits. Give it a shot and see how you do.
- Do you ever miss work or school, or fail to take care of other responsibilities because of gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Is your gambling affecting your reputation?
- Do you ever have feelings of remorse, regret or guilt after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble in hopes of winning money to take care of financial problems?
- Is gambling causing a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing, do you want to gamble again as soon as possible to try to win back your money?
- After you win, do you have a strong urge to keep gambling and win more?
- Do you often gamble until you’ve spent your last dollar?
- Do you ever borrow from other people or take advances on credit cards to get money to gamble?
- Have you ever sold anything to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Do you ever hold off paying bills so you can have money to gamble?
- Have you ever been careless of the wellbeing of yourself or your family because of your gambling?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you planned?
- Do you gamble as a way to cope with stress or avoid painful feelings?
- Have you ever thought about, or done something illegal to get money for gambling or to solve a financial problem caused by gambling?
- Does the stress of gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments, or frustrations cause you to have urges to gamble?
- Do you ever feel the urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-harm or suicide because of your gambling?
According to the Nevada Council, answering “Yes” to 7 or more of these questions may point to problem gaming.
Click here to view the original quiz: https://www.nevadacouncil.org/understanding-problem-gambling/know-the-signs/ Click here to read our Responsible Gaming page: https://greysnowpoker.com/en/help/responsible-gaming/