GreySnowPoker is committed to providing Responsible Gaming as part of our customer care and social responsibility policies. We believe it is our responsibility to you, our players, to ensure that you enjoy your experience on our site, while remaining fully aware of the social and financial harms associated with gaming addiction.
Maintaining control: Know your limit, play within it
Whilst most of the population can treat poker as a recreation and spend only what they can afford to risk, for some it can be more difficult.
In order to maintain control of your poker play we remind you to always consider the following points:
- Games should be played in moderation and undertaken as a form of leisure not as a genuine way of making money.
- Avoid chasing losses - there will always be another day.
- Only play when you can cover the losses.
- Keep track of the time and monitor the amount of money you spend.
- Should you need a break from poker (or even GreySnowPoker), self-exclusion can be activated through the self-exclusion facility.
If you need to talk to someone about any concerns you may have with your gaming, please contact a counsellor at the Responsible Gaming Foundation.
Do you have a problem?
If you are concerned that gaming has had a negative impact on your life or someone else's then the following questions may help you find out:
- Does poker prevent you from attending work or college?
- Do you play to pass time or to escape boredom?
- Do you play alone for long periods of time?
- Have others ever criticized you for your gaming?
- Have you lost interest in family, friends or hobbies due to online?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend playing?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed in order to maintain betting habits?
- Do you play poker until you lose all your money?
- If you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the need to play again as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to turn to online poker?
- Does playing online make you depressed or even suicidal?
The more questions that you answer "yes" to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gaming. To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact a counselor at the Responsible Gaming Foundation.
The Potential Risks of Gambling
- Money problems. Family members or next of kin feel many negative emotions that can lead to them feeling scared, angry, or betrayed upon learning that the member has lost their life savings, property, and belongings because of their gambling problem.
- Emotional problems and isolation. Many partners of problem gamblers begin to emotionally isolate themselves from the person who has hurt them and their financial situation.
- Physical and mental health. The stress of gambling problems can cause health problems, for both the person who gambles and the family. (Anxiety, Depression, Stress)
- Burnout. Many families under stress have trouble coping. One member may try to keep things in control by taking on more tasks. This can lead to burnout. Family members often forget to take care of themselves or to have fun.
- Impact on children. When a parent or caregiver has a gambling problem, children can feel forgotten, depressed and angry. They may believe they caused the problem and that if they are good, the problem will stop.
- Physical and emotional abuse. Family violence is more common when families are in crisis. Gambling problems can lead to physical or emotional abuse of a partner, elder parent or child.
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to open an account or to play online poker on GreySnowPoker. Contravening this rule may result in criminal prosecution and forfeiture of all winnings.
Every person signing up for a new account must check a box that indicates that they are at least 21 years of age. This notifies everybody that we don't accept players under 21.
ID verification includes date of birth, address and name to ensure no underage players have access to GreySnowPoker.
We do not target underage players with our marketing and advertising. It is neither good business nor consistent with our personal and corporate values to attract underage players.
GreySnowPoker takes its responsibilities very seriously. We carry out age verification checks on all customers who use payment mechanisms which are available to under 21s and additionally perform random age verification checks on customers using other forms of funding mechanisms
Please note than anyone under the age of 21 found to be using the site will have any winnings forfeited and may also be reported to the police.
Please contact [email protected] if you are aware of an underage individual accessing GreySnowPoker.com.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 21 FOUND TO BE USING THIS SITE WILL HAVE ANY WINNINGS FORFEITED AND COULD BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE.
CONTACT AND ASSISTANCE
Setting Personal Limits
We encourage all players to play responsibly, within their limits. Self-limiting functionality available to encourage responsible gaming includes:
Players can set maximum deposits limits for daily, weekly and monthly timeframes.
Should you need to take a break from gaming, you can apply limits which can be activated in with our self-exclusion facility. Self-exclusion allows you to set limits on your bets, losses, and amount of time spent playing. You can also choose to close your account permanently. Please note that all cooling off periods and self-exclusions are irreversible for the duration of the specified time. For any self-exclusion requests, please contact [email protected]
Filtering solutions allow parents to regulate access to the internet, based on chosen criteria. Parents can use filters to prevent their children from accessing, amongst other things, gaming websites. If you share your computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to register or bet with our site, or have requested self-exclusion from gaming sites, please consider parental filtering solutions. Protection software such as NetNanny or SafeKids can help ensure that underage individuals do not access GreySnowPoker.
There are a number of institutions that offer professional assistance:
Please contact our Customer Service team if you have any further questions relating to our Responsible Gambling Practices, or click here for our full Terms & Conditions.